Job-Interview Skills Program
Local Fraser Valley businesses host young people with social disabilities for mock job-interviews, to help them build skills to be successful in future employment opportunities.
Your business can help re-shape our workforce, by donating 20 mins of their time every month, to help an academically or entrepreneurially gifted young person with a social disability – to get habituated to the process of job-interviews.
Help us ensure their future interview success, by hosting a different student once a month for a mock job interview at your facility.
This program will allow students to sit down with an interviewer in a different setting each month, and build skills and confidence in themselves.
About the Program
This program was developed and is maintained by 23-year-old entrepreneur and Forbes 30 Under 30 Nominee, Nicole Provost.
Adults with ASD can make wonderful employees. Unfortunately, in BC, there is a 75% unemployment rate for adults with ASD who are capable of working. The lifetime societal cost for an unemployed adult is 3,200,000$ – the majority of the costs in adult funding, and lost productivity.
A significant barrier to gaining meaningful employment for individuals with ASD, is the job-interview process. Autism is largely a social disability, and individuals affected by it may socialize and communicate in a non-typical way: they may fail to adequately comprehend questions asked of them in an interview, they may go into too much detail in their answer, etc.
Individuals with autism thrive on repetition, and the more habituated they are to a situation, they more likely they are to be successful. The program will allow youth to enter into local workplaces for monthly mock job-interviews.
How it Works
Getting involved is as quick and easy as 1-2-3! We know that your time is valuable, so we have made registration and scheduling as quick and easy as we can!
- Fill out out “Inquire into Registering your Business” form above.
- Receive a welcome email from Mayday Club™.
- Press the “Schedule your Student” button above, and indicate your availability by filling out the short form.
- You will receive an email confirming the date and time of the interview, once your availability has been matched with that of a student.
- You will receive a criteria sheet (online or on paper) to use to judge the student, and provide feedback.
View List of Participating Businesses
- CBI Monarch House Abbotsford
- New World Technologies Inc.
Perks & Rewards for Businesses
- We will include you in our registry of inclusive BC businesses
- You will receive a plaque at the end of our fiscal year, acknowledging your participation
- You will receive handwritten letters of thanks from our kids, as well as updates on their progress
- You will receive discounts from the following BC-based stores and restaurants:
- (Coming Soon)
Enrol a Student
Enrol a student by filling out this short registration form.
Program cost: $10 per month for administrative, advertising, and printing fees.
Eligibility & Requirements:
- This program is intended exclusively for youth ages 9 – 30, with social difficulties, developmental disabilities, or mental health challenges.
- This program is intended to produce improvement over time, and the only way to achieve this, is by diligent and committed participation. To remain eligible, participants must attend an interview once a month for the duration of the program.
- Students must bring a resume and cover letter to each interview.
- Students must dress appropriately for the interview.
- Families must provide their own transportation to and from the child’s interviews.
Feel free to contact us, we would love to discuss this further with you!